Monday, February 2, 2009

The Naked Prophet - Isaiah 20

“At that time the LORD spoke through Isaiah the son of Amoz,
saying, ‘Go and loosen the sackcloth from your hips,
and take your shoes off your feet.’
And He did so, going naked and barefoot.” (vs 2)

I’m glad I’m not a prophet - especially not a naked one!
Isaiah, who has repeatedly declared signs to the nations now becomes a sign himself. Just as he is stripped so will they be. Egypt will be stripped and led away as captives. For three years Isaiah was to prophecy in this manner - naked!

Think of the great hardship and ridicule he must have faced – yet he obeyed. Three years naked and he obeyed!! And I complain about the “hardships” God brings in my path! Shame on me! I have it so easy and yet complain so quickly.

Humbled once again,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment