Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Peaceful Passage Provided - Isaiah 49 part 2

"Saying to those who are bound, 'Go forth,'
to those whoare in darkness, 'Show yourselves.'
Along the roads they will feed,
and their pastures will be on all bare heights.
They will not hunger nor thirst,
neither will the scorching heat or sun strike them down;
for He who has compassion on them will lead them,
and will guide them to springs of water.
And I will make all My mountains a road,
and My highways will be raised up."
(vs 9-11)

Several times throughout this wonderful book of Isaiah we have seen that Christ is the One who breaks the bars of the prison and sets the captives free. He did that physically for Israel in loosing them from Babylonian captivity. He does that spiritually for us in breaking the bondage of sin and guilt and transporting us to the land and law of liberty. It is Christ who tells us to "Go forth" and "if therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." (Jn 8:36)

Christ commands His freed children to "Go forth!" and the road to which He calls us to go upon He Himself is building. All along the way He is providing. And at the end we shall see Him face to face!

Matthew Henry's comments sum things up well. "He shall provide for the passage of those whom He sets at liberty to the place of their happy settlement.... The world leads its followers by broken cisterns, or brooks that fail in summer; but God leads those that are His by springs of water. And those whom God guides shall find a ready road."

I once traveled the "way that seems right to a man" and it left me battered, bruised and broken. The water from its springs were muddy and the water from its pools was stagnant. The sun burned me, the winds chapped me, the rocks along the way made me constantly stumble. That way "ends in death." This way is life!

Lord, thank you for redirecting my path. Help me to walk this day and all the remaining days of my life on this marvelous highway of holiness that you have carved. Your provisions for me have been and always will be bountiful, and my heart aches for the day when I reach my journey's end!

A pilgrim,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment