“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally brethren, whatever is true…honorable…right…pure…lovely…of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you.” (Philippians 4:6-9)
So, what are we to do in the midst of whatever "war" we find ourselves battling this day?
- "Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." - Philippians 4:6
- "Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation." - Luke 22:46
- "With all prayer and petition pray at all times." - Ephesians 6:18
2. Take your thoughts captive, repackage your mind with biblical thought. Stop listening to yourself and start talking to yourself – MEDITATE on truth!
- "Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things." - Philippians 4:8
- "For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses. We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." - 2 Corinthians 10:3-5
- "And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." - Romans 12:2
3. Finally, do that which the law requires and which Christ enables – OBEY!
- "The things that you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things; and the God of peace shall be with you." - Philippians 4:9
- "But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves." - James 1:22
- "You have ordained your precepts that we should keep them diligently." - Psalm 119:4
May God grant us the grace and strength in the battles we face to wear His armor, to wield His Word, and to win in Christ.